To launch their first ever connected product, SharkNinja partnered with Vectorform, a part of Launch by NTT DATA, to build the Shark ION™ Robot. Through a seamless mobile app and voice assistant integration, users can control their robot, schedule cleaning cycles, see a historical view of their robot’s cleaning activity, and more.
- Accelerate launch timeline
- Ready the iOS and Android apps for product testing within four months
- Empower all Shark customers
- Create an intuitive and seamless app experience for broad demographic adoption
- Architect a solution for growth
- Deliver a scalable mobile framework to support initial launch and future growth targets
A modern app experience puts users in control
- Command the robot to clean, pause, or return to the dock
- Send the robot to clean a specific spot
- Adjust the cleaning strength and locate the robot if it goes missing
- Create custom cleaning schedules
- View the robot's past 30 days of activity and detailed daily cleaning reports
SharkNinja quickly entered the connected marketplace with the Shark ION Robot as its first robotic vacuum, connected product and mobile app. For the next 18 months, the mobile and voice experiences evolved to incorporate user feedback and introduce new features, while in parallel launching multiple new robot models. As of January 2019, the product boasts a 4.8 star app store rating, and a 3.7 star product rating.